Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sydney and Perth Supanova 2013

Hello Blog! I've had a super busy month in June. I was preparing for my very first Supanova's. For those who don't know, it is a pop culture expo filled with comics, cosplay, sci-fi and all other kinds of wonderful nerdery! For my first time I was not expecting much, I thought people would just pass by my table because I'm unknown and I don't really draw fan art, except for my fan girls.
But the response was amazing! I sold quite a few prints and I sold all the copies of "Rosa goes for a walk" I bought along with me!
The thing that I loved the most was seeing peoples smiles when they saw my work, some even had a little laughed as they flipped through my prints folder. This kind of feedback boosted my confidence like nothing before! I even got a few commissions to draw peoples portraits! (See below)


I had an amazing time, even though I completely lost my voice at the Perth Supanova, and I am gearing up to do more! Now I just have to get my next comic ready! more on that later :)

2 comments:

  1. Yippee,glad to hear the crowd liked your work. My work buddy goes to Supanova all over the country. I will have to tell him to look out for you next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Have a delightful day!